100g Butter, melted
225g Light digestive biscuits &/ bourbon biscuits crushed
397g Carnation Condensed Milk
150ml Carton of whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder, to dust
You will need: a 20cm (8in) round, spring-form tin with deep sides, and a piping bag (optional).
1 Heat a small frying pan over a low heat.
2 Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally.
3 Put into a food processor with the basil, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic cloves.
4 Process until smooth and season.
5 Sweat the onion and garlic in oil and season with salt and pepper
1. Crush biscuits
2. Add melted butter and mould into the base of the tin, heat in the oven for about 5 minutes
3. Let cool
4. Have your condensed milk tin boiled in boiling water the day before ready for use.
5. Boil the condensed milk for 4 hours and allow to cool. This will turn to caramel for spreading over the biscuit base.
6. When base is cool, spoon the caramel on top of the cooled base.
7. Have a jar of hot water and spoon ready as you will need to smooth the caramel out with a hot clean spoon
8. Add slices of banana
9. Spoon nice large peaks of whipped cream
10. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the cream.
If this is not a dessert for a family event just a weekly treat, then don't put the banana and cream on the
entire base only add when you are eating it - it will last much longer.