Recipe: Baked Salmon in Puff Pastry
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
190g x 2 salmon fillets
(You can buy puff pastry for less than €2 in any supermarket.)
Add anything you may have in your fridge that you would think would be nice with salmon
e.g. sweet corn, green beans, courgette
1. Wash the spinach.
2. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil, onion and a clove of garlic, lightly crushed
3. Take the skin off the salmon fillets, just pull from the top to the bottom, it will come off easy.
4. Chop the fillets into inch size pieces & add to the frying pan and season with lemon salt & pepper.
5. Add the spinach and any other ingredients you may like.
6. Fry until just cooked.
7. Let cool down and drain any liquid before putting this mix onto the puff pastry
8. Roll out the pastry onto a baking sheet and parchment paper
9. Leave for 10 minutes to breath.
10. Then I spread my homemade pesto sauce onto the pastry for more flavour.
11. Let the mix cool.
12. Spoon it like a rectangle on one side on to the pastry leaving both ends clear.
13. Roll the pastry over the mix and seal both ends and the open side it with your fingers.
14. Use a knife to line the pastry up and back.
15. Brush with egg wash which is whisked egg.
16. Poke with a fork a couple of times to allow the pastry to breath.
17. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 180 degrees celcius