Recipe: Asian Noodles - WOK Wednesday
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp Ginger finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp lemongrass (optional)
25g Carrots – chopped finely
25g Red, yellow and green pepper each finely chopped
100g Shredded baked ham, and/or duck, chicken, beef, prawns
(whatever you have in the fridge) (Vegetarian also an option))
1-2 tbsp Vinadaloo Curry Paste (Pataks, if available).
Note: This paste is very spicy so know your audience! Not a necessity. If you don’t use maybe season
with salt and white pepper & add a little soya sauce
1 Heat a small frying pan over a low heat.
2 Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally.
3 Put into a food processor with the basil, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic cloves.
4 Process until smooth and season.
5 Sweat the onion and garlic in oil and season with salt and pepper
1. Saute onion, garlic, ginger and lemon grass and for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the other vegetables, meat/fish and stir until peppers have softened.
3. Take off the heat and let rest.
4. Prepare the egg for the noodles, whisk the egg and heat in a frying pan like a pancake.
5. When cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces and leave to one side
6. Prepare your noodles by pouring boiling water over them in a pot for about 10 seconds and then drain.
7. Over cooked noodles are terrible, a mistake I made last week and had to throw them out.
8. Place the vegetable’s, meat in a large pot, add the noodles, then the bean sprouts.
9. Soften the vindaloo paste with a little hot water and pour into the pot
10. You will need to mix the paste around all the ingredients in the pot, you can do this with a tongues,
large spoon or very clean hands/or even surgical gloves.
11. Add the egg.
12. Serve with lime pieces, sweet chilli sauce goes well and soya sauce.
13. Chop sticks a must.